Budget & Finance Planning Sr. Manager
The Senior Manager supports the strategy and planning team in all matters related to budget and finance management and budget planning. They manage a 1-3 head budget/finance team to deliver objectives, ensure preparation of financial control and reporting, budgets, forecast models, and accruals for various internal and external initiatives. The manager fosters a culture of consistency, accountability and continuous improvement functions by liaising between the various business operations functional groups impacted by budget allocations.
- Develops processes where needed to refine and enhance efficiency of all Software Engineering budget related activities.
- Partners with business planning finance teams to establish clear delineation of roles and responsibilities across teams and support quarterly reforecasting objectives.
- Manage annual budget process and cross functional coordination of related activities to estimate all business initiatives and impact on Software Engineering Team.
- Manages the month end close review, ensuring that accruals are accurate and complete. Provides input for the monthly review of expenses and capital to budget and forecast, and explains variances with operational analytics and insight.
- Develops financial reports and templates as needed and ensures recurring, timely communication to key executives, and business partners. Responsible for directing, developing and executing data analysis procedures and key metric reporting.
- Manages risk to budgets and communicates accordingly to management and executive team.
- Manages the forecast and budget process for expense and capital, and ensures all procedures and activities comply with corporate guidelines.
- Manages the full cycle PO, SOW, WO and CPR processes (creation, change, tracking, receipt and closure).
- Reviews departmental expenses to understand the variances both in trends and to budget and is prepared to present variances to management.
- Provides ROI support for capital initiatives and works with accounting to ensure proper accounting treatment for capital versus expense coding of initiatives.
- Provides financial analysis specific to the needs of the assigned business unit.
- Assist in preparation for weekly and monthly Divisional reviews; Assist in ad hoc information and reporting requests from the Finance and Care VPs and/or operational support team
- Assist in the preparation of P&L statements, routine and special accounting reports, analyses and special Projects
- Develop and implement consistent financial and operational analyses
- Assist in the preparation and administration of the system capital and expense budgets
- Assist in analysis and negotiations with outsourcers and vendor partners
- Communicate cost allocations to operation units
- Identifies potential problems with any aspects of the budget process and help to provide resolution.
- Selects and develops analysts, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Prepare operating/capital plans and budgets in partnership with business planning leadership. Consolidate all plans from business unit(s) and prepare consolidated reporting for review.
- Develop and maintain standard formats, templates, models and systems to be utilized by business unit(s) for planning purposes.
- Support the Corporate Business Planning team and business unit(s) leaders, build forecast and planning models, and create reports to provide financial and operating visibility.
- Prepare monthly management financial reporting, including variance reporting, capital tracking, and other various daily/weekly requirements.
- Provide financial analysis (FP&A) specific to the needs of the assigned business unit(s).
- Participate in the month end close review, with reporting of variances to budget and forecast.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- 4+ years Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years functional management
- Solid financial management skills including forecasting, budgeting planning and, above all, keen business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of financial planning tools and reporting systems
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to influence other organizations and rally key stakeholders within the company to achieve key objectives
- Ability to thoroughly test models and proactively identify solutions
- Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to document, prepare and present data-driven presentations
- Experience in the telecommunications industry